Vacancy: Regional Adviser for ACWUA WANT Program
The job assignment is based on a contract covering 60% work time with 150 workdays/12 month period or 13 workdays/month.
December 2014/latest January 2015 to December 2015
ACWUA Secretariat in Amman or in an ACWUA member country; the job requires frequent travels to ACWUA member countries, especially Jordan, Egypt, Tunisia and Morocco
The ACWUA WANT program is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) jointly with Arab Countries Water Utilities Association (ACWUA). It aims to develop capacity with ACWUA members to enhance the technical and managerial performance of water and wastewater utilities. ACWUA WANT supports several ACWUA Technical Working Groups and Task Forces to develop and implement programs that are related to water sector core processes or steering processes. The activities are conducted at regional level to create a common learning platform, sharing experiences and good practices. Pilot activities are implemented at national level with selected ACWUA utility members.
The regional adviser will assist the GIZ Program manager to implement the ACWUA WANT program jointly with the ACWUA Secretariat and its member utilities. Hereby she/he will
- liaise with the partner utilities in ACWUA member countries,
- link with other ACWUA Secretariat staff,
- assist to develop instruments to enhance water utility performance, e.g. related to Water Integrity, Quality Management Systems, Energy Efficiency, Benchmarking and Public Awareness
- manage a range of E-learning courses on utility management and sanitation,
- design and implement related capacity development and training activities, and
- assist the ACWUA WANT program manager to establish and manage a monitoring and evaluation system.
A university degree in water resources management or water engineering or equivalent
15 years of professional experience in water and/or wastewater utilities in ACWUA member countries
Acquired knowledge and skills on a diverse range of technical and managerial aspects in managing water and/or wastewater utilities, especially those related to the above mentioned duties
Experience in capacity development and training
Advanced knowledge of managing complex projects and related monitoring and evaluation instruments would be of advantage
Familiarity with international cooperation programs, including GIZ programs would be a strong asset
Familiarity with ACWUA and its regional training programs would be a strong asset
Fluency in English and Arabic (spoken and written) is required; French would be a strong asset
A University Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3 - 5 years of experience in accounting or finance
- Familiarity with NGOs and USAID programs and Accounting Standards & Procedures is highly desirable
- Practical knowledge of basic accounting concepts and principles
- Must have the ability to analyze numerous accounting records and determine the need for various types of entries and adjustments; to reconcile and balance accounts; and to relate the purpose and objectives of projects to their costs and fiscal requirements
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and strong database skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Bank Reconciliations
Fluency in English is required (Spoken, written and reading)
Vacancy: Capacity Building and Training Officer
CIM-Returning Expert - Must be a Jordanian Citizen
- Bachelor degree in the area of Management, HR, Public Relation or any related field.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
This specialist has the direct responsibility to follow up training content for all areas of the Association. S/he would also do the following:
- Follow up the overall training and capacity building programs of ACWUA.
- Network with other partner and network institutions, and associations, to create a comprehensive, annual calendar of training opportunities for ACWUA members.
- Oversee the conduct of all training courses developed by the ACWUA.
- Assist in preparation of all manuals and guides developed and published by ACWUA.
- Follow up professional certification programs to be administered by ACWUA.
- Identify program and project opportunities that are consistent with the approved training policy of ACWUA.
- Partner with organizations of like interest to pursue training and capacity building programs.
- Prepare proposals for training programs and opportunities for the review and approval of the General Secretariat, prior to submission.
- Maintain the ACWUA Training folder (hard and soft copy filing).
- Other tasks assigned by ACWUA Secretary General.
For more information, please contact
Vacancy: HSE Manager – Asset Department
Industry: Construction / Wastewater
Country of work: Oman
- Responsible for providing guidelines and technical inputs for preparing the Projects HSE plans.
- Provides HSE input to technical design and procedure proposals and ensure that all designs, drawings and major modifications to existing sewage plant and projects work comply with our company HSE regulations as well as Oman Laws and International HSE standards.
- Participates and if necessary leads hazards and operability studies (HAZOP), carries out Risk Assessment as and when required, participates in all HSE studies such as, hazard identification (HAZID), Hazard Analysis (HAZAN), and any other study having impact on HSE.
- Periodically reviews each project HSE action tracking register to ensure that the findings of all HSE studies and reviews have been effectively recorded and all actions are adequately addressed.
- Keeps close monitoring and follow-up the implementation of all HSE requirements for each project and major modification.
- Developing and updating projects HSE report, QRA and HSE Plan and follow-up on their implementation.
- Participates in investigation of accidents that occur on project construction sites and prepare RCA report.
- Participates in pre-commissioning/ commissioning activities of projects and major modifications.
- Keeps close coordination with HSE Project Site personnel and conducts regular safety inspection of construction sites and equipment, and ensure adhering to Company HSE rules and Legal Regulations.
- Provides HSE input during bidder’s pre-approval and technical evaluation processes.
- To provide input and support for the safe conduct of work by contractors’ staff.
- Attend safety meeting with Consultants/Contractors HSE staff.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or related HSE field with minimum 15 years on hand experience working at big construction companies which minimum 5 years in managerial HSE position.
- Detailed knowledge of Construction safety legislation, working knowledge of sewage construction projects and Oman Legislation.
- Good adaptability to multinational environment, with wide exposure to various cultures and customs.
- Computer literate, fully proficient in Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint, etc.
Please send your CV with a cover letter to: