GALMUDUG FOUNDATION FOR WATER DEVELOPMENT (GFWD) is one of the leading borehole drilling contractors industries in Somalia the company was established in 1988 in Mogadishu Somalia.
GFWD has been performing drilling works in the Somalia region for approximately 30 years. With this experience in mind, we have extensive knowledge in the field of borehole drilling and understand requirements of specific customers as well as projects. The company has been involved in a number of projects involving evaluation, baseline studies, feasibility studies, environmental impact assessment, project design and proposal development, community need assessment etc.
At Galmudug Foundation For Water Development (GFWD) , we have the capacity and expertise needed to satisfy all your drilling requirements. The company has established an exceptional reputation as a provider of quality service with international recognition. All our works meet local and international standards.
GFWD Committed to providing quality service with strong emphases on ethics, and professional workers
Our clients range from Non-Governmental Organizations, private individuals/organizations to government organizations.
- To be most truthful, ethical partner of choice and faithful to provide the highest level of professionalism in drilling manufacturing and commitment the environmental defensive
- To oﬀer highly competitive consultancy services in water drilling, Geo-technical an Environmental issues using new and innovative technology that meets the total needs of our clients
- To make a difference in the drilling industry and define the future with our innovative drilling solutions.
To render professional services in boreholes drilling and dedicating to long term relationship with our clients and struggle to be the best drilling company in Somalia by providing new and efficient services to respond to the fast ever changing consumer drilling and exploration needs.
Galmudug Foundation For Water Development is guided by the following core values:
- Continuous improvement
- Change, Flexibility, and safety
- Hard work and
After the contract has been formalized, our technical team will visit the site along with geologists to identify the best place to carry out the drilling process.
The drilling rig accompanied by a support truck will reach the site. Based on the soil and rock formation conditions, we would take approximately ………. hours to prepare for the drilling process.
The drilling is carried out by using the “Down-The-Hole” (DTH) technology. This system works by using high compressed air built within our drilling rig. The size of the hole can vary depending on the requirement of the client.
As the drilling process continuous, geological rock samples are taken at 2 meter intervals. Struck and water rest levels are constantly recorded. This process enables us to estimate the yield of individual aquifers encountered.
GFWD also offers a wide range of drilling activities such as
- Ground water survey
- Borehole drilling and development
- Water managements (PPP)
- Test pumping and pump installation
- Geophysical water Survey
- Borehole rehabilitations and developing
- Construction and designing of elevated steel water tanks
- Constriction and designing concrete water tanks
- Construction and desisting water supply system pipelines( in towns , villages and irrigations
- Borehole Pump Testing
- Supply and installation all kinds of water equipment’s and construction materials
- Geological Mapping
- Structural MappingOperational Areas:
Currently the company Headquarter located in Mogadishu and south central in Somalia
Galmudug Foundation For Water Development main activities are to:
- Conduct research.
- Collect and analyze data
- Develop forecasts on a wide variety of issues that relating in water drilling
- Environmental impact assessment,
- project design and proposal development,
- community need assessment etc.
Standards And Quality Assurance
We have an uncompromising commitment to the ongoing improvement of our working procedures and attitudes thereby ensuring that the products and services we oﬀer conform in every respect to our Client’s agreed requirements. This dedication to quality enhances the significance of our work, enriches our achievements and is the foundation of our reputation in the drilling water.
The Basic standards for enhancing quality in a company can be summarized as follows:
- Identify customer requirements meet the requirements and carry out the services with team spirit.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and requirements regarding the services provided.
- Provide efficient services to meet customer specifications and need by procuring the proper materials and maintaining equipment and necessary infrastructure in a high state of repair.
- Recruit highly qualified staﬀ and improve the skills of employees in order to maintain the quality of products and services that meet, or exceed, the customer expectations.
- Optimize the performance and maintain strict monitoring of the project throughout its duration in order to meet the client requirements.
- Continually identify, assess and implement the measures and steps that improve the company’s Quality Management System.
Water well Testing:
The quality of a water source may change over time, even suddenly, changes can go unnoticed as the water may look, smell, and taste the same.
We carry out the following required activities:
- Identify existing problems.
- Water well recovery tests
- Build and maintain a pump house
- Water well yields tests
- Ensure water is suitable for intended use, especially if used for drinking by humans and animals.
- Replace a well cap and a well cover
- Constant rate discharge tests.
- Track changes over time.
- Water well step-down test.
- Determine the effectiveness of treatment system.