ONEE “Office National de l’Électricité et de l’Eau potable”, born from the merger in 2012 of the Office National de l’Eau Potable (ONEP) created in 1972 and the Office National de l’Électricité (ONE) created in 1963, is the pillar of the energy strategy and the main actor in the drinking water and sanitation sector in Morocco. ONEE is fully involved in major structuring projects for Morocco’s sustainable development, providing the country with infrastructure for the production, transport and distribution of electricity and potable water as well as the treatment of wastewater.
In the water and sanitation sector, ONEE is in charge of the following main missions:
- Planning the supply of drinking water throughout the country and programming of investments (drinking water and sanitation);
- Study and infrastructure equipment for drinking water and liquid sanitation projects;
- Management on behalf of the municipalities of drinking water distribution and liquid sanitation services in ONEE intervention zones;
- Quality control of produced and distributed water as well as water sources likely to be used for the supply of drinking water;
- Assistance in the elaboration of legislative and regulatory texts and participation in the studies related to the drinking water and sanitation sector as well as providing technical assistance to third parties.
Director General : Mr. Abderrahim El HAFIDI
Director of Cooperation and Communication: Dr. Asma EL KASMI
Head of Cooperation Division: Mr. Saad Mrhari (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Phone number: +212 5 37 75 31 28
Web address: http://www.onep.ma/
Address: Avenue Belhassan El Ouazzani BP.Rabat-Chellah 10002 Rabat Maroc