What is the Arab Water Week?
The Arab Water Week is a high-profile international and regional event promoted to attract decision makers and water management practitioners and professional organizations internationally and in the MENA region. It was firstly launched in Amman, Jordan in December 2010 and organized by the Arab Countries
Water Utilities Association (ACWUA) in partnership with the Arab Ministerial Water Council (AMWC) and the Jordanian Ministry of Water and Irrigation (MWI). The second Arab Water Week will present ACWUA’s second international conference and exhibition.
Why to attend the Arab Water Week?
The Arab Water Week is an important and distinctive opportunity for water and wastewater management community in the Arab world and MENA region, it is the point where water management professionals, private sector, and institutions of all types meet to exchange ideas, knowledge and experiences, discuss
problems and get exposed to state of the art new technologies and solutions. The Arab Water Week will provide a broad technical presentation and policy-based program, along with a specialized exhibition (The Arab Water Trade Fair) targeting water supply and wastewater vendor’s and other service providers in
the water sector.
Who will attend?
ACWUA expect more than 500 participants and delegations to attend the second Arab Water Week in Amman. Many will be coming from ACWUA membership comprising of more than 200 individual members, more than 95 water and wastewater utilities from 18 Arab Countries; Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria,
Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen. The Arab Water Week is also aimed at senior decision makers from public and private water and waste water utilities/water supply companies, water ministries & authorities, environmental agencies & ministries, municipalities, utility operators, private sector companies and consultants and educational institutions across the region.
Who Should Exhibit?
Below are the domains are encouraged to exhibit in the Arab Water Trade Fair:
- Water extraction and treatment
- Desalination and Water Reuse
- Water and sewage treatment
- Water distribution and sewers
- Irrigation and Drainage
- Measuring, control and laboratory technology
- Water and Energy Saving Technologies and Solutions
The Arab Water Week
is also aimed at senior decision makers from public and private water and waste water utilities/water supply companies, water ministries & authorities, environmental agencies & ministries, municipalities, utility operators, private sector companies and consultants and educational institutions internationally and across the region.
Conference Themes and Topics
Under the title “New Prospects and Challenges for the Water Sector in the Arab Region” the Scientific Committee is seeking for contributions from the Arab Region and international water community addressing the following conference themes:
1. Utilities Effectiveness and Efficiency
2. Innovative Technologies and Private Sector
3. Water Science for Policy and Governance
Below is a list of topics which also helps finding the appropriate theme for your paper and assists in matching it with appropriate reviewers:
Theme (1) Utilities Effectiveness and Efficiency
Challenges of effective management of water and wastewater utilities
• Cost recovery and financial sustainability
• Human resources management and development
• Performance measures, assessment and Improvement
Institutional and regulatory challenges of water and wastewater utilities
Legal frameworks and regulation rules
Institutional reform to improve service delivery
Facilitating partnerships in the water and wastewater services
Water and sanitation as a human right: prospects for sustainability and equity
• Role of water and wastewater utilities in implementing human rights to safe water and appropriate sanitation
• Structures of water tariffs in relation to affordability of the poor
• Innovative financing mechanisms
• Marginal cost pricing: viability, applicability and lessons learned
Theme (2) Innovative Technologies and Private Sector Participation
Innovative water supply solutions
• Freshwater production
• Water treatment and distribution networks
• Water metering and monitoring
Smart sanitation and wastewater reuse
• Wastewater collection systems
• Wastewater treatment technologies
• Wastewater reuse and recycling options
Theme (3) Water Science for Policy and Governance
Optimizing Resources Management
• Integrated portfolio approach to water resources management
• Water demand management: approaches and measures
• Water fit for purpose: matching water quality to its intended use
• Integrated master planning for water and wastewater infrastructure
Beyond MDGs: Water Resources and the Green Economy Paradigm
• Managing water across the food, water and energy nexus
• Changing governance systems under the green economy
• Eco-innovation and green growth
• Adapting to climate change impacts
IWA International Stream
As part of the Arab Water Week program, the International Water Association (IWA) will be organizing an international stream to bring global perspectives and best practices to the programme.
Invitation to submit a paper
Papers are expected to make an original and substantial contribution to the conference themes and topics. Speakers who are interested in presenting a paper should submit an abstract for refereeing. Abstracts will be selected by the Arab Water Week Scientific Committee to cover different areas, methods, approaches and positions.
Abstracts should be maximum 300 words. Each entry should incorporate the following information:
Author’s(s’) full name(s), Title – Position – Institution – Address for correspondence– Theme of the paper (see conference themes), indicating a first and second choice – Title of the paper – Abstract of the paper.Online abstract submission form including all instructions and guidelines can be found at Arab Water Week website: http://arabwaterweek.org/ACWUA/SubmissionFrom.aspx
- Selected presentations and later paper submissions should be sent by e-mail to the following address: //email@example.com” target=”_blank” class=”ext”>firstname.lastname@example.org
- The official language of the conference is Arabic and English (Simultaneous translation will be available). The papers will be published through ACWUA newsletters and AWW publications.
- Download Call for Papers
- Download AWW Flyer
Conference Registration Fees
Second Arab Water Week
Fees per person*
Fees for Group
(Min. 3 from the same company)
(Min. 4 from the same company)
Registration fees include: Attendance at the sessions, conference material, entry to the exhibition,
3 days lunches, 3 days morning & afternoon coffee breaks, and one Gala dinner.
Exhibition Space Price
Price per sqm
Price per sqm
With Shell Scheme
Without Shell Scheme
3*2 Shell Scheme Stands include: 1 table, 2 chairs, spotlights, electricity connection, name panel (with company name displayed in English) + 2 Conference Passes
4*3 Shell Scheme Stands include: 2 tables, 4 chairs, spotlights, electricity connection, name panel (with company name displayed in English) + 3 Conference Passes
Exhibition Floor Plan
· Technical and Scientific Program: //fr.mc1713.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=Speaker@arabwaterweek.org” target=”_blank” class=”ext”>Speaker@arabwaterweek.org
· Arab Water Week Registration: //fr.mc1713.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=Register@arabwaterweek.org” target=”_blank” class=”ext”>Register@arabwaterweek.org
· Exhibition: //fr.mc1713.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=Exhibition@arabwaterweek.org” target=”_blank” class=”ext”>Exhibition@arabwaterweek.org
· General Information: //email@example.com” target=”_blank” class=”ext”>firstname.lastname@example.org