Certification of utilities managers promotes transparency and flexibility. It provides utilities managers with practical skills, proven techniques and best practices knowledge. Certified utilities managers protect human health, the environment, and the investment in municipal and industrial water and wastewater facilities.
Utility management skills help to ensure that technical skills are put to best use and that the utility operates sustainably from the operational, administrative and financial standpoints.
This course is for people who are involved in any aspect of operating, administering, supervising or managing water and wastewater utilities.
This course trains utility managers to maximize the performance of utilities which, in turn, provides benefits: enhanced productivity, structured and effective work approaches, better communications inside and outside the utility, financial stability and the overall sustainability of the utility.
This course provides 15 lessons over 40 hours and provides the knowledge that people need to attain certification in utility management.
- Supervising – Workforce Planning
- Supervising – Directing and Other aspects
- Human Relations
- Planning and Organizing
- Training and Teaching Skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Decision Making
- Technical Issues and Regulatory Compliance
- Financial Management
- Computers in Managing a Utility
- Emergency Planning
- Health and Safety Programs
- Stakeholder Relations
- Personal and Professional Skills
- Management, Public Relations,
- and Budget & Finance
- Reports & Recordkeeping Systems,
- Training, and Safety
- Pollution Prevention
- Oder Control
- Nitrogen & Phosphorus/Nutrient
- Industrial Waste Treatment