Wastewater Collection Operator (1-2)
Certification of operators promotes transparency and flexibility. It provides operators with practical skills, proven techniques and best practices knowledge.
Certified wastewater collection system operators protect human health, the environment, and the investment in municipal wastewater collection facilities. This course is for people who are involved in the operations of wastewater collection, pumping and conveyer facilities.
This course trains operators to maximize the performance of wastewater collection system which, in turn, provides benefits: minimized health risks, environmental compliance, attractive career opportunities, improved safety and reduced accident rates.
The two levels for this course correspond to certification levels and provide the knowledge that people need to attain certification:
|LEVEL 1||LEVEL 2|
|10 Lessons 33 hours||12 Lessons 38 hours|
- The Wastewater Collection System Operator
- Why Collection System Operation and Maintenance
- Wastewater Collection Systems
- Inspecting and Testing Collection Systems
- Pipeline Cleaning and Maintenance Methods
- Underground Repair
- Lift Stations
- Equipment Maintenance – Basic Electricity and Motors
- Equipment Maintenance – Pumps
- System Safety - Combined
- Sewer Renewal (Rehabilitation)